Nytimes Spelling Bee
Nytimes Spelling Bee — a puzzle game in which players try to make words from a set of seven unique letters while using the center letter at least once. The game asks you to make as many words of four or more letters as you can out of seven letters. You are given a set of letters and tasked with creating as many words as possible. Six of the letters revolve around a central letter that has to be in each word.
The letter set is displayed in a hexagon, and you must use the central letter in every word. spelling bee puzzles online.
Nytimes-spellingbee.com was created as an alternative game for those who might not be interested in the game in the New York Times.
This game makes sense during these scrambled times. It's bringing like-minded spellers together.
Nyt spelling bee will remember your progress. You can access it throughout the day through the browser on your laptop.
Play Nytimes Spelling Bee for free.
How to play
The name of the popular puzzle is a play on the familiar phrase. It is also a reference to the hexagonal shape of the puzzle. The six-sided body is similar to the form of a honeycomb in a beehive.
How to Play
Create words using letters from the hive.
- Words must contain at least 4 letters.
- Words must include the center letter.
- Our word list does not include words that are obscure, hyphenated, or proper nouns.
- No cussing either, sorry.
- Letters can be used more than once.
Score points to increase your rating.
- 4-letter words are worth 1 point each.
- Longer words earn 1 point per letter.
- Each puzzle includes at least one “pangram” which uses every letter. These are worth 7 extra points!